Our hut has been carefully designed to maximise the use of space while providing a welcoming and homely base to relax in or return to after a day’s exploring.
The Shepherds Hut contains
• a full length double bed (linen provided)
• table and chairs
• woodburning stove (logs provided)
• gas ring to boil the kettle for an early morning cup of tea
• Radio. Books and Board Games
Solar powered electricity is used for lighting and sockets, which can be useful for charging mobile phones or laptops. There are additional gas lamps for back-up lighting or outdoor use if you choose to cook supper outdoors or enjoy the fire pit.
On the site of the hut you will also find
• a covered washing/ cooking area with gas rings, sink and basic kitchen equipment
• an eco-friendly compost loo with a very fine view !
• a selection of tables and chairs
The site has its own water supply from a tank which feeds the kitchen area and sink in the toilet. Water can be warmed for washing and there are good public toilets and showers 200 metres away by the Ferry Stores.